Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time Goes By Too Fast!

Hey! How is everything going back home? This week has been pretty decent, We have taught some great lessons (mostly to less actives) We have a few really solid Investigators, but half of them weren't home for whatever reason, but I felt the spirit very strongly in our lessons. On Saturday Feb, 19, I finished the Book of Mormon (I wanted to read it cover to cover in one months time, and I DID!) I got on my knees and prayed very hard about the book, and I can't describe the overwhelming feeling I got! The Spirit testifies of Truth!!!!
Lots of walking, and we got 2.5 inches of snow (the flakes were the size of baseballs!) I am loving the area and my companion, I'll be sad to see a change, but knowing this mission and its missionaries, I'll love it there too!
Today's scripture, is a scripture mastery found in the 4th chapter of Mosiah, verse 30.

30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your
words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what
ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish.
And now, O man, remember, and perish not.

This scripture has always had kind of a negative connotation to me, but as I was pondering, I decided to take the word NOT in the first line and put it at the end, before the word Perish. It makes it seem a little less intimidating when that is done. My companion and I have recently committed ourselves to be a little more virtuous in our thoughts and words, and it makes all the difference!

I love it here and I love this gospel. It has brought so much joy to my life!

Love Elder N. Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment