Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not Much to Report

It was great talking to you and everyone else on Mother's day, I LOVED it and it made me want to recommit myself to being the best missionary I can be! Not much new here, We had a 5 hour service project pulling weeds at a less actives house yesterday, so I am a little sore, but other than that, everything is going well. it is still rainy, but it is a mist-like rain, so it is very bearable. Sorry this letter is short, but I'll leave a spiritual thought. I love all of you and look forward to hearing from you all! Sorry, I didn't take any pictures this week, but I make it double next week
Love Elder Nick Bates


Spiritual Thought 5/10/2011

We have been challenged to read the Book of Mormon again by our mission president, and this scripture lept off the page at me, I hope you like it
Alma 26:27

27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us,
and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will
give unto you success.

This scripture gave me so much confidence and hope. Thankfully, in the last few months I have been happier than any other time on my mission, but I know, that when something sad does get thrown in my way, I can turn to this scripture. I noticed how the last word isn't Baptisms, a truly successful missionary does desire to have investigators make that essential covenant, but success is far more than that, it is being lost in the work. I know that hard work and planting seeds leads to great things, some of the happiest moments of my mission have be reactivating less actives and doing service for the elderly. I know that Faith+Work=Conversion and Success. Pray like it's all up to God, and work like it's all up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment