Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Is Anybody Out There???

I've never started a letter with a rebuke, but I would like all of you to read D&C 95:1 and seriously consider emailing a poor missionary who doesn't get very many emails a week....... I love you all.

Anyway. this last week has been a pretty good/great week. So right after I emailed you last week, we saw our most promising investigator and after a great lesson with him, I asked if he'd like to get baptized and he said yes, he wasn't too sure on a day, but we saw him again yesterday and he said August 20 (Vanesa's B-day!) but he said that that day can easily be moved up if it feels right. So pray your hardest for him!!!!!! We had interviews with President and Sister Greer yesterday, I talked about Arizona with Sister Greer for most of the interview (they're from Gilbert) And President informed me that 36 new missionaries are coming into the mission in the next two transfers, and he asked me if I would feel ready to train a missionary and I said yes. That doesn't guarantee anything, but I thought it was kind of nice to know that he recognizes the work that we are putting in. Other than those two big events, nothing new has really gone on in the last week. We have been enjoying the nice weather, and there is a chance that the missionaries will be movingback to Battle Ground (where I was living before) Which would be optimal. I love the bigger city feel.

Sadly, I left my camera at my house, but I do have an interesting scripture I stumbled across.
Alma 48:23

23.Now, they were sorry to take up arms against the Lamanites, because they did not delight in the shedding of blood;
yea, and this was not all 葉 hey were sorry to be the means of sending so many of their brethren out of this world into an
eternal world, unprepared to meet their God.

I am beginning to feel that sorrow more often now when someone doesn't have an open mind to the gospel for whatever reason. I know that the Gospel has, can, and will continue to bless all of those that follow it. I have grown to appreciate and love the doctrine of Christ more and more; it is amazing how perfect and true it is. It is our DUTY to make sure that our neighbor, friend, coworker etc... has an opportunity to be prepared to meet God. I love it!

Please write back,
Love Elder Bates

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to write back, but I'm going to anyway.

    Hey, Elder Bates! It must be incredibly hot out there. It's pretty hot here in Utah, too.

    I haven't seen much of your brothers this summer, which I'm sad about because once school starts, I'll see them even less. But I guess they've all got a lot going on. I've mostly just been wasting away at home all summer. I'm glad summer's almost over so I can get back to being part of the world, but I don't feel like I've had much of a break for some reason. Probably because much of my summer was taken up with a math class that a bunch of us teachers took. The only thing I've really done this summer is bike. I bought a stationary to use on days I don't get out on the real bike, which has been nice, and I plan to continue to ride that every day into the winter. Hopefully I'll be able to get into a little better shape than what I am now.

    Anyway, it's late, so I should go to bed. But I just wanted to say hi. Take care!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! I'm so dumb. For some reason I was thinking you were in AZ when I wrote that. So it's probably not all that hot where you are.

    ReplyDelete